Adding an application doesn’t equal endorsement.
This showed up once again to me today as I had to do a double take on a sponsored piece of content in my mini feed:
Hmm. Why is this strange? Well, Bill Scott is the UX dood at Netflix. This ad makes it looks like he is endorsing public enemy #1, Blockbuster. I haven’t emailed Bill, but the case is probably more that he wanted to give it a looksy. Who doesn’t?
What is Movie Clique?
A Facebook app from Blockbuster that:
- Share: List which movies you’ve seen and which you want to see.
- Suggest: Let your crew know about a must-see flick.
- Rate: Stick it to the critics by rating movies yourself.
- Review: Good? Bad? Ugly? Tell everyone exactly what you think.
- Play Favorites: Make a list of your favorite movies of all-time.
- Queue it Up: Link Movie Clique to your blockbuster.com account and add movies to your Queue right from Facebook.
Next we will see “Steve Jobs added the application Windows Vista” and the like.