In honour of the Oscar’s, which itself honours those of us who make millions of dollars for doing their job, I thought it was time for the geeks to have their own award show. This is the first in a series that awards a Lisa to those that deserve it.
To start with, Adobe announced Air today, and they win the award for “Most Overloaded Product Name” :)
In all seriousness, congrats to the Adobe team for the 1.0 release!
What about the other awards?
- Lifetime Achievement
- Community Waiting for an Update
- Biggest Hack for a Language Runtime
- Most Original Name for a New Language
- Most Format Restrictive Language
- Best Comeback for a Programming Language
- Most Overloaded Product Name
Got some ideas for awards you would give?