You have the originally named languages of A, B, and the popular C. Then Bjarne Stroustrup gets clever and goes for C++. Anders comes along with C# and adds the musical touch.
Walter Bright creates a language that “originates as a re-engineering of C++, but even though it is predominantly influenced by that language, it is not a variant of C++. D has redesigned some C++ features and has been influenced by concepts used in other programming languages, such as Java, C# and Eiffel.”
Walter then named the language …. D.
What about the other awards?
- Lifetime Achievement
- Community Waiting for an Update
- Biggest Hack for a Language Runtime
- Most Original Name for a New Language
- Most Format Restrictive Language
- Best Comeback for a Programming Language
- Most Overloaded Product Name
Got some ideas for awards you would give?