Man, what a wait. 10 years and counting? The community has started to take hold and have updated Perl 5 a lot recently, which most people outside of the core community never see as they wait for the Big One. When Perl 6 and Parrot really hit primetime, I wonder what will happen?
What about the other awards?
- Lifetime Achievement
- Community Waiting for an Update
- Biggest Hack for a Language Runtime
- Most Original Name for a New Language
- Most Format Restrictive Language
- Best Comeback for a Programming Language
- Most Overloaded Product Name
Got some ideas for awards you would give?