Well, a great weekend spent watching the World Cup.
A few non-profound thoughts:
- There are no crappy teams. Gone are the years of beating the African teams 10-0. Now Sweden can face a team of 10 men from a country of 1MM and only draw (Go Trinidad!). And teams like the Ivory Coast look great (losing to Argies isn’t a bad thing)
- Why do latinos fall over in agony every time someone gets near them? I think that players should put on a “pain tester” gadget that lets the referee know if the player is in pain or not (and if so how much). If you clutch your head after falling over you get a red card.
- I hate my cable company for not having ESPN 2 in HD.
- England got lucky, but they have time to step up.
- Footy brings together nations.
- The US commentary is so painful. I wish I could get the BBC feed