When you flip through Dr. Dobbs you may run across the green Google Labs Aptitude Test.
I wonder if the like of Cedric, Adam Bosworth, Josh Block, and Neal Gafter applied in this way? :)
Some of the questions are hilarious:
- Solve this cryptic equation: WWWDOT – GOOGLE = DOTCOM
- Write a haiku describing possible methods for predicting search traffic smoothly
1 11 21 1211 111221
What is the next line?
- What’s broken with Unix? How would you fix it?
- This space left intentionally blank. Please fill it with something that improves upon emptiness
- On an infinite, two-dimensional, rectangular lattic of 1-ohm resistors, what is the resistance between two nodes that are a knight’s move away?
- In your opinion, what is the most beautiful math equation ever derived?
A fun place to work?